Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oops!...She Shouldn't Do These Again! (Britney Spears' Worst Singles)


I found it very hard to find 5 bad singles from Ms. Britney, as there is really only one I can’t stand. But I did my best to come up with the “not so good” list.

5.) “Me Against the Music”
(from the album In The Zone)
Compared to her other first single choices, this one doesn’t stand out as one of the most memorable. Madonna’s contribution sounded like a great idea, but it didn’t really live up to the hype of the infamous kiss at the VMA’s that they shared prior to this release.

4.) “Oops!...I Did It Again”
(from the album Oops!...I Did It Again)
A guilty pleasure song from a guilty pleasure album, but there’s one thing that makes it one of the worst for me. That one thing is her obnoxious dialogue towards the end. “But I thought the old lady dropped it into in the ocean in the end?” Cheesy to the MAX!

3.) “From The Bottom of My Broken Heart”
(from the album Baby One More Time)
This made it onto the list because its one of the more unknown songs she’s released, and sad to say that it’s one of the most forgettable.

2.) “Lucky”
(from the album Oops!...I Did It Again)
A pure pop song that is one of the more corny ones coming from Ms. Britney Spears. It’s the tale of a superstar named Lucky, not feeling too good about her fame because she “cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart” every night. A signature Britney song, but for all the wrong reasons.
               
1.) “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman”
(from the album Britney)
Here it is, the most annoying Britney song in my opinion. If you’re not a girl, but not yet a woman, then what the hell are you?!! It was a confusing metaphor, one that only served the purpose to be the theme of her film debut in Crossroads, something else I’ve forgiven her for because it actually isn’t as bad as Mariah’s Glitter. But still, this song was just unnecessary. And having an artist like Dido claim a songwriting credit was pretty sad too.

1 comment:

  1. I have a confession to make--I secretly LOVE "Lucky"... so awesomely cheesy. But I totally agree with you about the last one... that song makes no sense!

    ReplyDelete