Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The 2011 Primetime Emmy's Review

WHAT A NIGHT!!! Everyone loves a good award show, but this year it wasn’t for the actual awards (well some of them) but mostly it’s for the moments in between! Here are a few highlights from The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards!

1.) Funny ladies being funny
God bless the women nominated for best actress in a comedy! Every year, it seems like they’re on top of their game, full of support for one another, and laughing right next to each other. I literally busted out of my seat laughing when Amy Poheler jumped up onto the stage, then followed by the 5 other leading ladies. The standing ovation was well-deserved, and Melissa McCarthy was just adorable. Did anyone else start bawling their eyes out when they pan to a shot of her sister crying in the audience?!!

2.) The Lonely Island certainly wasn’t lonely
Everyone loves a good performance from Michael Bolton, especially when he’s dressed as Jack Sparrow! Great job on keeping us laughing our butts off!

3.) My winner predictions
Yes, cheesy smile of mine, BASKING in my predictions' success!
Out of the 20 categories I selected for my predictions, 9 I chose correctly, 4 were winners from my wildcards, and 7 weren’t even close. Not a bad record if I do say so myself

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
-Jane Lynch: People ask me why I’m a lesbian…Ladies and gentlemen, the cast of Entourage!
-Random, awkward Charlie Sheen speech
-Claire & Phil Dunphy winning awards together
  
Overall, there was nothing to complain about from the Emmy’s telecast this year! GREAT JOB! Looking forward to another television season starting now!

No comments:

Post a Comment