Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.) Top 20 Music Countdown: #20-11

Of course another year and yet another Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.) celebration! Let the male-bashing, single life living, emotional breakdown music begin again!

20.) “I’m Doin’ Me”
Fantasia
A sassy little doo-wop statement of independence, Fantasia knows how to speak to my heart, knowing that we deserve better once we take care of ourselves before another person.
Won’t spend another minute wasting my time on a man that only tells me lies.”

19.) “Single”
Natasha Bedingfield
Natasha isn’t messing around when she swears that the single life is for the better. There is such a release and such a freedom that comes from it for the better sometimes.
“Don’t need to be on somebody’s arm to look good.”

18.) “I’m Not Missing You”
Stacie Orrico
You know that moment when you realize you’re over THAT person? Yeah, Stacie knows what I’m talking about!
“I can't keep going through life, unaware of what I missed and the person I could be…”

17.) “Hope She Cheats On You (With a Basketball Player)”
Marsha Ambrosius
Hell yeah Marsha! She knows how to dangle the bait when the cards come tumbling down! Stick it to the man!
“I may sound bitter. I’m a little bitter.”

16.) “There You Go”
P!nk
Even back in her early days, P!nk had the attitude and sass when it came to the end of relationships.
“Basically, I’m through with you!”

15.) “Son Of A Gun”
Janet Jackson, Missy Elliott, & Carly Simon
In this awesome twist on a Carly Simon classic, Janet & Missy bring the bitter and sadistic attitudes to the dark side and really come with guns blazin’!
“You got a sleazy one-track mind!”

14.) “Come Back To Me”
David Cook
Even in the midst of all the bitterness and “move on” talk, there’s no denying the heartache and longing that comes after a breakup.
“So I’ll let you go. I’ll set you free.”

13.) “Before He Cheats”
Carrie Underwood
Last year it was Jazmine Sullivan’s “Bust Your Windows”. This year however, it’s all about the song that started off the trend of smashing and busting up cars, all because someone else a wandering eye!
“The next time that he cheats, oh you know it won’t be on me!”

12.) “You Can’t Hurry Love”
Diana Ross & The Supremes
This song has never been truer in my life. Sometimes waiting seems like it takes an eternity, but hopefully it pays off in the end.
“But how many heartaches must I stand before I find a love?”

11.) “You Lost Me”
Christina Aguilera
Sometimes there’s just no hope for trying to rekindle something when it’s already gone. Christina knows what I mean of course.
“And we had magic, and this is tragic…”

No comments:

Post a Comment