Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2013 Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.) Top 20 Music Countdown (#10-1)



10.) “Epiphany (I’m Leaving)”
Chrisette Michele
Yeah, Chrisette knows when the time is right to get up and get on up outta there!
“How many times did I fall for your lies? How many times did I sit home and cry?”

9.) “Fuck You”
Cee-Lo Green
Nothing says bitter like this Cee-Lo classic.
“Being in love with yo’ ass ain’t cheap!”

8.) “The One I Gave My Heart To”
Aaliyah
Aaliyah brings the heartbreaking questions we all ask ourselves when something we thought felt so good turns out to be so bad. How could they???
“I thought we had forever. I can’t understand…”

7.) “Take A Bow”
Rihanna
RiRi brings her feisty and sassy self to this goodbye anthem for all those players who thought they got the best of us, those players who ended up bowing out in the end. This is for those weak ones who just couldn’t hack it, the ones who just couldn’t keep up.
“You’re so ugly when you cry. Please. Just cut it out…”

6.) “My, Myself and I”
Beyoncé
Queen Bey knows how to make us move on the dance floor, but she also knows how to make us move emotionally, especially when it comes to moving on and figuring out that after a failed relationship, all you need is yourself!
“It took me some time, but now I moved on.”

5.) “Breakdown”
Mariah Carey & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
You try to put on a mask and prove to everyone that you’re ok. But sooner or later, you just need to let it all out!
“But in reality I’m slowly losing my mind. Underneath the guise of a smile, gradually I’m dying inside…”

4.) “Leave (Get Out)”
JoJo
It’s songs like this that really show that you have the power to take a stand and get them out of your life and tell them to GET OUT!
“You said that you would treat me right, but you were just a waste of time.”

3.) “Gone”
*NSYNC
Their presence still lingers even after they leave, and it’s heartbreaking to think of at times.
“Was it something I said to make you turn away, to make you walk out and leave me cold?”

2.) “I Don’t Need A Man”
The Pussycat Dolls
There are times when I sing this song to make myself feel better about my single life…
“I want a love that’s for real. And without that, no deal!”

1.) “All By Myself”
Celine Dion
But then there are more times when I sing this song and cry myself to sleep!
“Sometimes I feel so insecure…”

No comments:

Post a Comment