Monday, February 13, 2012

Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D.) Music Top 20 Countdown: #10-1

10.) “It’s Not Right But It’s Okay”
Whitney Houston
This song was already on my countdown when I made it a couple weeks ago, before Whitney Houston passed away. Having said that, this is just such a good song! She’s got the sass, and the power, and this remix is fierce!
“I’m moving on, and I refuse to turn back”

9.) “I’m Going Down”
Rose Royce
A classic! Beautiful, honest, and so heartfelt, from the whimpers and the crying, this song captures all the heartbreak that comes with breaking up!
“I’m so sorry, sorry, sorry…”

8.) “Cry Me A River”
Justin Timberlake & Timbaland
This one is definitely part of the bitter collection. It was a bittersweet end to the puppy love that was Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. But it was this song in my eyes that made JT a man at last! Haunting, chilling, and such a great pop song, sing it boy!
“You don’t have to say what you did, I already know!”

7.) “Someone Like You”
ADELE
Congrats to ADELE on all of her wins at the Grammy’s Sunday night, including Best Pop Vocal Performance for this song! It’s no wonder she’s such a gem and so successful at what she does. Her lyrics are honest, there is actual substance to what she is singing about. There’s no bullshitting around it. ADELE speaks what’s on her heart and isn’t afraid to tell people just how sad she is. GET IT GIRL!
“Nothing compares, no worries or cares, regrets or mistakes, they are memories made. Who would’ve known how bittersweet this would taste?”

6.) “Bust Your Windows”
Jazmine Sullivan
And from the angry side of things, we present Jazmine Sullivan with the ultimate revenge song!
“After 5 whole years of this bullshit. Gave you all of me and you played with it.”

5.) “Ex-Factor”
Lauryn Hill
A poetic gem, a force to be reckoned with, Lauryn Hill’s voice on this song is so heartfelt and painfully beautiful.
“Care for me care for me, I know you care for me. There for me there for me, said you’d be there for me. Cry for me cry for me, you said you’d die for me. Give to me give to me, why won’t you live for me?”

4.) “We Belong Together”
Mariah Carey
This is the perfect song to sit and reminiscence on what used to be, going back and forth in your mind about what went wrong.
“Who’s gonna take your place? There ain’t nobody better.”

3.) “Irreplaceable”
Beyoncé
This is the perfect song to finally get in their face and tell them to get to steppin’!
“I could have another you in a minute, matter fact he’ll be here in a minute.”

2.) “Since U Been Gone”
Kelly Clarkson
And now it’s the time when you laugh in his face to tell them just how much better you are without them in your life anymore.
“You had your chance. You blew it.”

1.) “Love Is A Losing Game”
Amy Winehouse
And when all is said and done, the depression kicks in. We feel like there’s no hope. Because after all, it seems as though love really is just a losing game.
“I wish I never played. Oh, what a mess we made.”

No comments:

Post a Comment