Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Movie Top 20 Countdown: #10-1


10.) Maid in Manhattan (2002)
My favorite Jennifer Lopez: predictable, romantic, funny, and just adorable. Everything I need in one film is here!

9.) There’s Something About Mary (1998)
I have to acknowledge the raunchy movie. When I first saw it in theaters (at the tender old age of 7), half the time, I had my eyes closed or covered. But seeing it when I was older, I can appreciate the humor and romanticism throughout, dirty or not.

8.) She’s Out Of My League (2010)
One of the newest additions to my list, a lot of people may not have given this the chance it deserves. It’s just an overall GOOD movie worth watching on Valentine’s Day.

7.) The Proposal (2009)
Sandra Bullock in here superstar year, Ryan Reynolds in his superstar body, and Betty White in her superstar scene-stealers: what more can you ask for in one movie?!!!

6.) Overboard (1987)
A classic that needs no further introduction: Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell, amnesia, and a boat…GO!

5.) Hitch (2005)
Will Smith can play it down with serious films, he can kick ass in an action movie, but for me, my favorite is when he shows off his romantic comedy chops alongside the hilarious Kevin James and the beautiful Eva Mendes! And man on man, what a soundtrack!

4.) My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
The first of the wedding trilogy on my countdown, this one just never gets old. You don’t have to be Greek to appreciate and understand the crazy family life when you bring someone new into the picture!

3.) The Wedding Singer (1998)
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore’s first film together, and it’s all about bringing back the 80’s! Everyone can appreciate the humor and love in this hilarious film filled with great music and a lot of memorable moments. Do you really want to hurt me?

2.) My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)
Classic Julia Roberts here. While everyone may choose Pretty Woman as one of their favorite Julia Roberts romantic comedies, I’m more for this winner right here.

1.) Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
This film is THE quintessential romantic comedy in my head, and it’s the most recent addition! It’s a love story for adults, the interlining stories, and the amazing, talented cast, everything about this film is perfect from the script to the screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment