Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Movie Top 20 Countdown: #20-16

If you couldn't tell by now, Christmas is without a doubt my favorite holiday! And there is certainly nothing like spending the weekends or any days off, sitting on a couch and watching Christmas movie marathons. Some of these may not deal with Christmas specifically, but these all take place around that specific time of year. So enjoy!

20.) A Charlie Brown Christmas
Again, Charlie Brown has never been my favorite or first choice for everything. But in the spirit of giving, we’ll start off the countdown with a classic that everyone but me seems to appreciate.
  
19.) Jingle All The Way
Who would’ve thought that one of my favorite Christmas/holiday movies would star Arnold Schwarzenegger? Needless to say however, it’s a classic in and of itself. It’s cheesy, stupid, but I didn’t know the difference when I was a kid. Add in Sinbad and a ridiculous plot, it becomes a standout in my eyes for the season!

18.) Christmas Vacation
It’s a random film, it has an odd sense of humor, but it’s still a part of the holiday season and it shouldn’t be forgotten. It’s a gem, another classic. From the spirit of giving, the bright Christmas lights, the family members who never leave, there's something for everyone to relate to.

17.) Bad Santa
Dirty, raunchy, and personally I think Billy Bob Thornton at his best. Enough said…

16.) The Santa Clause
In the same group with Arnold Schwarzenegger, I figured I’d put the ridiculous Tim Allen. As I got older, I realized how much of a one-trick pony he seems to be (can you remember any other MEMORABLE Tim Allen movies, other than this or Galaxy Quest?) But this film is another part of my childhood, so it has to be included. Getting to see a new Santa take his place was like seeing the election of a new pope as a kid! It was exciting to see the North Pole, I just knew it had to exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment