Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Movie Top 20 Countdown: #5-1


5.) Elf
Thanks to Will Ferrell (in one of his best roles), I now have my #5 favorite Christmas movies! It’s classic all on its own, offering us some humor, some Christmas cheer, and above all else, heart.
“Buddy the elf, what’s your favorite color?”

4.) How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Much like almost everyone else my age, I prefer the hilarious Jim Carey version of The Grinch any day and time over the original cartoon version. It has the entire story, but stretched out into a feature-length live-action film that is genuine and wonderful!
“It’s not a dress, it’s a kilt. SICKO!”

3.) Home Alone
How can I forget about the one that I grew up watching? Yes, it used to scare the shit out of me at times (when Kevin goes down into the basement, or the music introduction in the beginning, not to mention being home alone myself sometime). When all is said and done though, this movie is a part of my childhood forever.
“Keep tha change ya filthy animal!”

2.) It’s A Wonderful Life
Here comes a wonderful family tradition, the old-school film. My family and I watch it every Christmas Eve. The message and the story ring true even to this day. Count your blessings and live in the moment.
“Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.”

1.) A Christmas Story
The ultimate Christmas tradition is here now! Who doesn’t love a little 24-hour Christmas Story marathon?!!! You’d be a fool not to have seen this movie. Young or old, it doesn’t matter in the least bit. Everyone knows A Christmas Story. There’s just no excuses!
“I can’t put my arms down!”

No comments:

Post a Comment