Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Music Top 20 Countdown: #15-11

15.) “The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late)”
The Chipmunks
What is a Christmas countdown without The Chipmunks? This classic takes me back to a simpler childhood. Sure I could’ve picked “I Want A Hippopotamus” or “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”, but this Chipmunk Christmas classic is a goofy must-have of the season! 

14.) “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”
Brenda Lee
This is a classic in and of itself, but just like pizza it always reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas movies: Home Alone!
 
DISCLAIMER: This obviously isn't the original version of the classic song, but I recently saw this mash-up that happened to include scenes from Home Alone. SO ENJOY!

13.) “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
Judy Garland
There are so many wonderful versions of this song that I could pick. From Coldplay, to Michael Bublé, even to some good ol’ Gloria Estefan (we’ll get to her later). But none compares to the first and the original. It would be a shame to all gays if I didn’t include Judy Garland’s version from Meet Me In St. Louis.

12.) “Silent Night (Emmanuel)”
Matt Maher
I do believe that this marks the first REAL Christmas song, a religious classic that celebrates the calm, serene night when our Lord Jesus was born. Again, there are many different versions I could pick, but Matt Maher’s beautiful rendition is the one that always comes to mind first. How do you make a classic song your own? By adding in a beautiful chorus to an already beautiful song…Well done sir!

11.) “O Holy Night”
Josh Groban
I love me some Mariah Carey, but since she’s on the countdown later, I’ll go with my second favorite cover of one of the most heartfelt and dramatic Christmas songs around. Josh Groban is a wonderful addition to this eclectic mix of artists, and certainly stands on his own with that big booming voice of the Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment