Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Music Top 20 Countdown: #10-6

10.) “Where Are You Christmas”
Faith Hill
How can I not include the song from one of my favorite Christmas movies? Faith Hill was in her prime when this came out, and it’s such a touching tune. A little slow, but still beautiful.

9.) “Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow”
Gloria Estefan
This one has sentimental meaning to me. You gotta love some old school Gloria Estefan Christmas Through Your Eyes. This song comes on every year, and my mom and I just HAVE to do our little jazz hands during the instrumental. Oh traditions…

8.) “Santa Baby”
Eartha Kitt
Who doesn’t love a little slutty Christmas tune. Between this and “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”, this one is a bit more classy, and a lot less awkward! Plus, Eartha Kitt’s sassy voice is really what makes this song a guilty pleasure.

7.) “Sleigh Ride”
Toby Lightman
Toby Lightman is one of those lesser known gems, but she just happens to have one of my favorite voices. In a season filled with music all upbeat and theatrical, this version of “Sleigh Ride” is so chill, so relaxing, and just an overall GREAT listen!

6.) “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town”
Jackson 5
Here’s another Motown Christmas classic with my favorite family band (sorry to The Osmonds…and The Brady Bunch). It’s a child’s wonderful tale about Santa’s arrival, all set in the time of Motown in all of it’s glory.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but notice that "Little Drummer Boy" has failed to make the list thus far.... I'm expecting to see it in the top 5! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course that would be one of your favorites! But unfortunately it is not one of mine...

    ReplyDelete